|Product:||Wooden Chopping Board Conditioner: Clear 200ml|
100% Eco-friendly and New Zealand made
Revives & protects all dry wooden cutting boards, blocks, bowls and utensils.
- From Selby & Leo in New Zealand
- For use on all boards, blocks and utensils
- Blended food grade mineral oil
- 200ml glass bottle
Wooden chopping boards and utensils are susceptible to drying out even with normal use, so it's best to periodically revive them with a little TLC.
Selby & Leo board conditioner is an odourless, food safe blended mineral oil – the preferred choice of professional board makers. Regular application will keep your board from drying out and cracking and it will restore the natural lustre and wood grain highlights.
While it is common to use plain vegetable oil, this is susceptible to going rancid.
For use on all wooden boards and blocks, counter tops, butchers blocks, including wooden bowls and utensils.
Comparison image is for illustrative purposes only, actual finish may vary slightly with differing woodgrain.
Ensure the board is as clean as possible and thoroughly dry. With older, well used boards spread some coarse salt on the board and rub with half a lemon as this acts like a natural disinfectant and deodoriser. Wipe the board clean and let it dry.
Apply the Selby & Leo Mineral oil using a clean, soft cloth or paper towel - a generous coat evenly over the wood and let it soak in for at least a few hours. If your board is particularly dry or its hasn't been conditioned in a while, apply 2 to 3 coats letting it dry in between.
Remove the excess using a dry, clean cloth or paper towel and buff the board to achieve a dry sheen.
A guide to board grades and images
1. All knives/utensils/appliances/food depicted are for illustrative purposes only and are not included.
2. Board conditioner depicted is also illustrative, unless it is included with some products as specified.
3. All boards and blocks are normally graded on the upper face side only. Clear graded boards may have some small knots or holes on the underside as this side is not normally seen.
Please advise if you wish to use your clear board on both sides.
4. Unlike metal or plastic, wood fibre is a natural fibrous/hydroscopic material and any timber will have a degree of movement and colour change over time. Therefore:
(a) All product dimensions may vary slightly from those specified.
(b) No two products are ever identical and your product may vary slightly in appearance from the one depicted.
(c) Whilst all products have a high quality finish there can be minor imperfections including minute marks, dents, chips, checking/cracking - this is normal and is part of the timber's rustic character.
The Tui Creek Difference
- Leading sold wood products sold throughout New Zealand and Australia.
- Boards professisonally designed and manufactured in New Zealand.
- Quality products that represent good value for money
- Only 100% Eco-friendly New Zealand timbers
- No rainforest wood in our business, nor MDF.
- Rigorous quality assurance checks
- A range of wood conditioning oils
- Unmatched warranties up to 20 Years
- Our customer feedback speaks for itself.